Thanks to this stay, meet wine professionals who will share their passion and knowledge with you and take part to a unique and friendly wine tasting contest.
Day 1: Friday, May 28th - Arrival
Arrival at your luxury spa hotel: The attention to details and service-mindedness of a Palace combined with a warm and family atmosphere.
- Dinner at the brasserie of your hotel: Set in an authentic wash house that has been rebuilt stone by stone. A delicious bistrot-style cuisine made of the finest seasonal products and served by a huge fireplace.
Day 2: Saturday, May 29th - Open Château Piron
- Wine tasting class at your hotel: a perfect training for the afternoon contest: A sommelier will introduce you to oenology in a relaxed atmosphere and answer all of your questions about wine and tasting. Test your knowledge of Bordeaux terroirs, recognise the aromas of various grape varieties, and learn more about the leading estates of the region.
- Lunch at the brasserie of your hotel.
- Open Château Piron: a unique wine tasting contest: This unique contest is opened to beginners as well as professional tasters. You will get points when recognising wines during blind tasting sessions. In teams of two, with a wine professional, you will taste 20 AOC wines in France, selected for their quality and typicality (even if you don't get qualified you will be able to take part to the rest of the tastings in the OFF contest). During the whole contest you will have access to the VIP corner where you will enjoy wine tasting sessions of high ranking world wines with a sommelier, hot and cold drinks and petits fours. The Awards ceremony will be followed by a cocktail around Dom Pérignon Champagne and other Grands Crus Champagnes. The philosophy of this new sport is to combine competition spirit and friendly atmosphere around fine wines from all around France!
- Afternoon of treatments at the Vinotherapy spa (for those who don't wish to take part to the contest): Body Massage, Honey and Wine Body Wrapping and Red Vine Bath in a peaceful environment of rare beauty.
- Dinner at the gastronomic restaurant of your hotel (2 Michelin Stars): The Chef will initiate you to the secrets of fine food combining flavour, balance and creativity.
Day 3: Sunday, May 29th - Graves & Sauternes Top Growths
- Cellar visit and tasting in a Grand Cru Classé of the Graves appellation: Discovery of the Château’s history and tasting of this prestigious property’s wines.
- Lunch in a restaurant of Sauternes: A beautiful place for a relaxed lunch.
- Cellar visit and tasting in a Grand Cru Classé of Sauternes: Commented tour about winemaking in the tank room and ageing in the barrel cellars and discovery of Sauternes sweet wines specificities.
This trip interests you? Contact us today!
Let's create your tailor made holiday!Contact us